12 Jan 2017
(Photo: Sofitel Bora Bora)
5 Ways Bora Bora Isn’t Bora-Boring!
Long known as a destination for couples to kick back and lounge on the patio of their overwater bungalows, Bora Bora is also home to fantastic adventures such as 4WD excursions, underwater tours and shark feeding! Here are five of my favourite activities in Bora Bora.
1. 4WD Safari Excursions – See Bora Bora like never before! For about 3 hours, you’ll discover the island’s backroads, archaeological and historical spots such as WW2 remains, panoramic sites, lush gardens including the famous Mount Otemanu and so much more. This is an unforgettable way to learn a lot about Bora Bora!
2. Shark and Ray Feeding – not for the faint hearted, but certainly an adventure worth participating in! Originating in Bora Bora, and renowned for being a popular excursion in the South Pacific, your encounter has you floating in shallow lagoon waters as the sharks and rays arrive and become hand-fed by your guide. You have the opportunity after to snorkel with the sharks or stingrays or simply watch from the boat.
3. Underwater Scooter Fun – Probably one of the most unique adventures in the South Pacific is the aquatic submersible scooter with electrical propeller moving you forward underwater (your head stays dry in a breathable airlock allowing you to breathe normally). After a briefing with your guide, you will be on your way exploring Bora Bora’s incredible marine life!
4. Jet Ski Guided Tours – Enjoy Bora Bora’s lagoon, coral gardens and a small island (Motu) stop. It’s a fun way to cruise around the stunning turquoise waters and see the incredible beauty of the island of Bora Bora from the water!
5. Scuba Diving Adventures – With several Padi 5 star dive centres in Bora Bora and a variety of dive sites, scuba diving is a great way to explore much of the colourful marine life in its crystal clear waters including coral heads, manta rays, turtles etc.
Written by: Taryn (Destination Specialist)
I love having the opportunity to help send travellers to my most favorite parts of the world—the South Pacific. I look forward to helping you plan an epic vacation with many unique experiences! Fill out an enquiry form HERE.