16 April 2015
New Zealand’s Top Five Boating Experiences
New Zealand has an abundance of natural landscapes, awe-inspiring scenery, intriguing lakes, rivers, caves and harbours. There is much to see and do in the country that has been known for years as being a paradise for the boatie. With 15,000 kilometres of coastline and Auckland dubbed the ‘City of Sails’ , New Zealand offers many boating experiences. Below I list five such experiences you can enjoy.
1) Waitomo Caves – on your guided boat tour into the limestone-clad walls of the Waitomo Caves, you’ll come across the twinkling lights of glowworms, underground caverns and neat rock formations that have been sculpted and shaped over millions of years. This is definitely a unique boating excursion!
2) Milford Sound Scenic Cruise – While aboard your modern, roomy cruise complete with panoramic windows and open-air deck, you may spot wildlife such as penguins and dolphins, breathtaking waterfalls and many natural wonders in this calm, pristine region. Kick back and enjoy the commentary provided by nature specialists.
3) Jet Boating – If it’s true adventure you’re seeking then we recommend the adrenaline-pumping jet boating experience! In addition to reaching top speeds, this experience includes informative drivers who will share info about the surrounding areas. Jet boating in Queenstown allows you to ride as an airport transfer to your hotel upon landing ... it's your first welcome into the adventure-filled city!
4) Auckland Harbour Cruise – Auckland’s beautiful Waitemata Harbour is the perfect experience for the traveller who seeks knowledge and interesting facts. This tour provides great vantage points for viewing key highlights such as the Harbour Bridge, the city skyline, Bean Rock Lighthouse and a stopover at the volcanic Rangitoto Island.
5) America’s Cup Sailing – This is quite the thrilling experience as you get to sail aboard an authentic vessel, originally once part of the action of the America's Cup! This is the only publically-available yacht. You choose your adventure: you can opt to participate in the sailing action or kick back, relax and enjoy the ride!
Written by: Georgia (Destination Specialist)
Australia & New Zealand are gems to visit because of their unique landscape, flora and fauna. These countries offer so much and they cater to every type of traveller. They’re safe. You’ll also enjoy the incredibly friendly locals.