22 July 2015
Reconnecting with your partner in Thailand
From palaces to temples, museums, delicious restaurants, unique street foods and vendors, rejuvenating spas, the metropolis of Bangkok and world-famous beaches; Thailand makes for the perfect escape with your one-and-only, no matter what activities you both fancy. Here is why I think Thailand is the perfect place to reconnect with that special someone:
1) Live in the moment – Whether it be work stress, family stress or winding down after planning your wedding, the world-renowned ‘Chi, The Spa’, at the Shangri La Hotel is a premiere Bangkok spa option known for its luxurious treatments. The Oriental Spa at the Mandarin Oriental is a world-famous spa that combines unique and modern treatments with ancient techniques, making for a truly authentic Thai experience. Alternatively, you both can try a relaxing meditation retreat!
2) Experience the Thai culture – Check out The Grand Palace: This landmark, with its detailed architecture, was built in 1782 and has been the home of the Thai King, the Royal Court and the Thai government for 150 years. For additional cultural experiences, the city of Chiang Mai has a significant indigenous identity with diverse dialects, cuisine, architecture, festivals, handicrafts and more in addition to its many mountainous backdrops, waterfalls, and rivers.
3) Cruise together – From daytime cruising options that offer cross-city travel of Bangkok, for instance (via The Chao Phraya River) to evening cruises that offer a delicious Thai dinner, entertainment and plenty of sight-seeing opportunities (services in main cities such as Chiang Mai and Ayutthaya), Thailand’s vessels await you to embark on some nautical fun.
4) Go island hopping – Unlike dinner cruises and city transport as mentioned above, you can island-hop some of Thailand’s breathtaking beaches via boat! Charter a private speedboat for the two of you and enjoy snorkeling breaks and onboard picnics as you travel from island to island! Travel to an uninhabited beach for that total romantic and secluded escape.
5) Be adventurous together – Of course, there is something to say about reconnecting with your sweetheart by going on an adventure together! From jungle hikes or jungle zip-lining, to 4X4 off-road driving and so much more, Thailand can keep you both active and enjoying each other’s company in a way that no other date night can top. Another great way to connect is through learning: take a cooking course or learn the art of Muay Thai boxing!
Written By: Georgia (Destination Specialist)
I have a passion for travel and I have an even more devout passion for helping people plan their most perfect getaways that allow them to explore, learn and grow.